Oculus Rift CV1 and DK2
The Oculus Rift is a virtual reality headset developed and manufactured by Oculus VR, a division of Facebook Inc., released on March 28, 2016.
Oculus initiated a Kickstarter campaign in 2012 to fund the Rift's development, after being founded as an independent company two months prior. The project proved successful,
raising US$2.5 million. In March 2014, Facebook purchased Oculus for $2 billion. In March 2017, after 3 years at the company, it was announced Oculus founder and creator
Palmer Luckey was leaving Facebook.
Please upgrade Oculus runtime from: https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/
Simply press the letter O in your Keyboard to activate Oculus mode.
when pressing the O key RENDERLights will activate Oculus and go in full screen.
If the fullscreen is on monitor 1, then you will need to shift it to monitor 2, in this case Oculus Rift
in order to do that you need to cycle the monitors.
Use Shift-F11 to cycle RENDERLights Fullscreen in to different monitors
Press Esc to return to editor mode in monitor 1.
To exit from Oculus Rift Mode simply press the letter O again to return to standard window.
Remember to cycle back the fullscreen mode to first monitor, when you are not using Oculus.
In windows7 disable Aero for best performance.
● Oculus Rift requires very high frame rate, good computer with good performance video card is needed.
● With the rise of virtual reality gaming, some people are noticing that systems such as the Oculus Rift can
cause simulator sickness, which is similar to motion sickness. You can feel dizzy, nauseous and might even vomit.
● Make sure your Oculus Rift is properly calibrated for your eyes. Everyone has different eye measurements, whether it’s
the distance between your eyes or your field of view.
● Take the time to calibrate your Rift to your eyes. Improper calibration is the main cause of motion sickness.
● If you feel nauseous, eat or drink products containing ginger. This will help combat the nausea. However, you should take
steps to reduce motion sickness within the Rift itself, including taking frequent breaks.